Tuesday 10 January 2012

Music, tranquility and my soul

Last year was pretty busy and in the background of my study I listened to tv. I think I lost myself and lost my passion for music. I love music, I sing (badly) when I'm happy. I love dancing with my children and belting out alternative lyrics (cos I can never remember the real ones).

My pure joy is dancing with my daughter to music in her room when she is supposed to be asleep. It feels like snatched moments of glory, of the making of memories that we'll both look back on fondly. Last night I found new music and I listened and I learnt and my soul was happy, truly happy. I even had my daughter in bed with me listening to the newly found songs. When I played a particular song again this morning (Lianne la Havas- No Room For Doubt), my daughter sang along with some of the correct lyrics. She's better than me!

So last night was a peaceful night. I didn't light my scented candle but I did rediscover the joy of  music and surfing and reflecting in my bedroom. My room isn't a peaceful place right now due to an unending amount of clutter. The clutter is on my list of to dos. This is the year of remaking my room into my sanctuary, which is hard when you share it with a total clutter bunny. But I decided the other night that I can't change the clutter bunny, it's simply wasted energy, but I can change my attitude. So I will strive to please myself and make my most important room somewhere where I can truly relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment